Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Announcing the Hulu Award for "Best Comedy TV Show"

(Please welcome guest presenter Toni Rankin, whose many accomplishments include three blogs: Fanatic Space, Watching Sitcoms, and Watching CW )


And the Hulie goes to....




Arrested Development!








It is interesting to me that although Arrested Development was up against many other really great shows, some that are more current or that were on the air much longer, the little underdog beat out all the competition for Best Comedy TV Show. I'd have to say it was because of the great ensemble cast, who worked so well together and pulled off three great seasons of television that I want to watch again and again. I'm not even sure I could pick out a favorite episode, if I had to.

Trying to find one clip for this show was really hard. Not because there were no good clips, but because there were far too many. In the end I went for one that definitely shows off the zany and somewhat uncomfortable humor of the show, as well as the acting chops of Jason Bateman and co-star David Cross.

Hopefully, talks of a movie in the works will come to fruition soon.

Nearly 20,000 audience votes were registered, and even though the fan favorite was Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which got my vote, too), the judging panel's votes outweighed the audience, pushing Arrested Development to victory.

The other nominees in this category, that moved their way up through the voting process to be the best of the best were "30 Rock," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "The Office," "Saturday Night Live," and "The Simpsons"

9 comments:

127 Hours - A Film By Danny Boyle said...

The Office is my favorite show,Wish It won,but no problem,it is still best for me :)

watch the office episodes

Unknown said...

i was pretty sure that the office tv series would get this award. but i was very shocked when they gave it to Arrested development bcs in my opinion the office was the best show in this category

watch the office online said...

I definitely thought that the office would win. It is by far the funniest show on tv right now in my opinion. Arrested Development is good too though, so I am not extremely upset.

Unknown said...

I feel very happy to see this type of post.I have read your articles its very nice to read.Thank you for your nice comments.



show

Anonymous said...

The Office is great, wonderful and one of the most hilarious show I have ever seen on television. And I love to watch this show online.

Watch The Office episodes online said...

It’s the best online place where i can watch The office .As we all know this popular episodes online started its journey on the NBC Network on March 24, 2005.

Watch Supernatural online said...

I watch the office online, it is a funny show that makes me laugh out loud in every episode. However, it does need a little more character development.

Watch Scrubs online said...

It is nice blog to watch the office online .The office is comedy american tv show i like it's all episodes............

Anonymous said...

I just love to Watch The Office TV Show and I congratulate another winners as well.