Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Antonice Defends Her Fave Dramatic TV Shows

Panelist Antonice Louis has done some good old fashioned lobbying of her fellow panelists in an attempt to get her favorite TV dramas nominated for a Hulu Award. Here's what she had to say:

Chicago Hope, introduced us to the actors Christine Lahiti, Rocky Carroll, Adam Arkin and Hector Elizando, who held this show together like glue. This is THE first medical drama,that I can admit I watched consistently before ER and, other reality medical shows. I have a connection to all these medical shows because I am pre-med and everything medical related, gives me my fix! There were other medical dramas before it: St. Elsewhere, Doogie Howser M.D. but nothing like this. I remember one intense episode where they were doing a heart transplant while a patient waited on the donor list for a long time. They finally got the heart delivered to Chicago Hope only for them to rush it; then someone dropped the heart and kicked it around the OR floor! Nobody dared to feature that sort of incident on TV at the time. ER aired 2 or 3 years later and, Chicago Hope was canceled. I still have a connection to this show and, if you have NEVER seen an episode of this show, I HIGHLY recommend logging into Hulu and watching a few episodes or purchasing the DVD SET.

ER After Chicago Hope went off the air, I reluctantly turned to ER. I say "reluctantly" because in the beginning, I faulted ER for the demise of Chicago Hope, which might've been the case but now, I absolutely LOVE ER!! One of THE longest running dramas on tv today, next to Law and Order, it has set the bar for an ensemble cast show. Actors like George Clooney, Julianna Margulies and Noah Wylie have made this show into what it is today and, just like any alumni they, have passed the torch to the other cast members. Actors clamored to be guest stars on this show. Here's a short list: Kristen Dunst(she was on an earlier episode of the show), Djimon Hounsou(riveting episode), Dakota Fanning, James Cromwell, Sally Field (she played Abby's mother, played by Maura Tierney), Don Cheadle and now Angela Bassett...the list goes on and on! The story lines are great, the actors are great, what more is there to say?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: