Sunday, December 14, 2008

JJJ Keeping it Real

John J. Joex has cast his vote (and more than his vote) for "Worst Reality Series," a category that has caused many of our panelists to wax eloquently on where television went wrong:

Worst Reality Show:
Don’t get me started here. The easy answer is all of them. Of course then you have to really look at what counts as a reality show, and quite a number on this list don’t fall under what I consider the reality show umbrella. Many steer closer to the documentary genre or travelogue or cooking show or instructional series. A true reality series to me means an unscripted show where people are put together in a situation and the camera captures their actions and interactions. Shows like The Real World and Survivor. Then there is the offshoot of this where the cameras follow around one or more celebrities either during their normal routine or through situations contrived based on the series premise. The latter being the group that gravitate to the top of my worst of list because of their gratuitous voyeurism taken to the nth level. My list is below, but I am withholding comments on the individual entries because this is a family site.
  1. Living Lohan
  2. Pam: Girl on the Loose
  3. The Girls Next Door
  4. Rob and Amber: Against the Odds
  5. Snoop Dogg's Father Hood
  6. Hey Paula
  7. Temptation Island
  8. Paradise Hotel 2
  9. Celebrity Apprentice
  10. Gimme My Reality Show
  11. Make Me A Supermodel
  12. Mad Mad House
  13. Rob and Amber: Against the Odds
  14. Snoop Dogg's Father Hood
  15. Deion and Pilar: Prime Time Love
  16. Denise Richards: It's Complicated
  17. Dr. 90210
  18. ---Oh wait, sorry. I was supposed to stop at six. I told you not to get me started. Just go with the top six above.

Read John's full post here!

Cast your audience vote for Worst Reality Series here!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: